Your 1st Visit
We provide a comprehensive exam.
We're committed to providing a thorough and transparent dental care experience. Below is a guide to what you can expect during your appointment:
- Arrival: Our friendly staff will greet you and assist you in completing an informational packet.
- Consultation with Doctor: Our hygienist will consult with the doctor about the appropriate procedures for your visit.
- X-rays: After consulting with the doctor, the hygienist will proceed to take appropriate X-rays of your teeth.
- Gum Measurements: The hygienist will gather measurements of your gums to assess the status of your gum health or ‘Periodontal’ condition.
- Intra-Oral Photos: There will be intra-oral photos taken of any diseased areas with a specialized dental camera.
- Discussion of Findings: It is much clearer to explain our findings and discuss solutions to any problems with a live picture. In this manner, you are involved in the process and can understand everything that is being charted. Knowledge is power and we want every patient to be a part of the solutions that are chosen.
We present your treatment options.
I present several solutions or several options for treating any particular problem. This approach allows me to accommodate patients who have particular desires. With every choice, I present the patient with the risks and benefits. The patient is given all the tools to make an informed decision. We plan a treatment together and if there is a need to phase treatment, then we discuss any limitations so the patient has a time-line to follow without compromising their health.